Saturday, August 18, 2012

Twine Vase

Yesterday was the dreariest day of the whole summer. So gray, rainy, and cold - an inside day. Not a big fan of inside days. I did my best to occupy myself but inevitably I ran out of ideas around one o'clock. I resorted to pacing around the house pulling on my pigtails, however when I became constantly assaulted with the words: "Would you like to sort underwear for me since you have nothing to do?" coming from my mother I knew I had to find something to do. And fast.

So I grabbed the first blank canvas I see, which happened to be a glass vase-like container form a garage sale, and resolve to make something out of it. 

Ok, this is not the most interesting craft in the world and it doesn't take a geniuses to figure something like this out but here it is:  


Twine,Gel Medium or Mod Podge, Some Kind of Container, neon yarn 
(I think this would look great on wine bottles too)


Apply medium with a brush to the container about two inches at a time. Starting on the bottom edge wrap the twine around the container Until it is covered. Then I added a neon stripe to make it a little more interesting by applying gel over the first layer.

VOALA: A new vase has appeared right before your eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment