Friday, July 20, 2012

Custom Glitter Nail Polish

This is quite possibly the easiest and funnest DIY ever. The only thing I wish I knew is why didn't anyone tell me about this years ago? Glitter + Clear Nail Polish = home made glitter nail polish custom to suit your needs.


When I am really craving a new nail polish and finally go to the store to pick one out I am always drawn to the glittery ones in the front display yet always end up picking something more versatile instead. Also, the glitter nail polishes I already have are not glittery enough causing me to have to pile on layer after layer to get to the proper amount of glitter and by then the polish is so thick it will never dry and will inevitably get smudged. Solution - make your own polish just the way you like it. Also am I the only person with like five bottles of clear top-coat lying around?


So here's the scoop:



Package of assorted Glitter & Clear Nail Polish


I poured a little of the polish out to make room for the glitter because this one was very full. You will need a piece of paper rolled into a funnel to get the glitter inside neatly. The glitters I used in this combination were shades of pink, red, orange, and gold.



I call it Sunset Sparkle
So, pour as much glitter in as you want then shake well or stir with a toothpick. That's it.


This is the Sunset Sparkle painted on top of my all time favorite nail polish - Revlon Top Speed in Chili. Its my go to color and it drys fast and hard, good for inpatient people like me.


I actually made this one first. I call it Space Junk. To make this one I used larger grain glitter as well as the finer stuff used for Sunset Sparkle. I absolutely love this one because it is very sparkly. If your going to wear glitter polish you might as well go for the gusto. I used this on on top of Revlon Top Speed in Royal. Don't forget: glitter nail polish is also great for toes in the summer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment